Back In The Game

*blows dust from old pages*

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, and I apologize for that. Life has thrown more than a few curve balls. But I won't get into that. I wanted to share a little something, aside from the news that I will be reviving this blog and trying to update it regularly, from here on out.

As many of you know, I took a huge hiatus from writing for a while (hence the prolonged silence on the blog). And, as some of you also know, I just recently started making time in my life for writing again. It's been hard, but man, did I miss it. How I even breathed without it for so long is a mystery, because now I feel like I will never be able to remove it from my life again.

Not only have I been writing again, but I've been writing in a genre completely new to me.

Unfortunately, HEMLOCK VEILS has not found another publishing home, and due to the market trends right now, it might not have another publisher for a long time. That being said, I'm not giving up on it. I'm just shelving it for later.

Instead, I have decided to try my hand at YA (young adult). Yes, it is paranormal YA (and another loose fairy tale retelling, to boot--what can I say, I'm a sucker for them), but YA is a whole new ball park to me. The cadence is different, the tone is different, and the point of view and tense is different than what I'm used to.

But my news? Just last night, I finally finished plotting, outlining, and character-developing, and now I am finally ready to write THE GIRL MADE OF GOLD! I am so excited for this one. More details will be released later, when it's not so new and fresh, but wish me luck as I dive back into this new and exciting world of writing and creating! I love being here, and am so glad to be back in it.

A Pantser's worst nightmare

I have to thank the lovely people from my wonderful local writing groups, for giving me the motivation and encouragement to jump back into this life. Their support has been invaluable, as well as the tools they've provided. But mostly, I have so many thanks to give to Ryan, my amazing partner. Without his encouragement, accountability, and support, I would be nowhere in this process. And I mean that.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“I’m sorry. Headaches aren't fun, are they?”

Bidding My Publisher Farewell